Team Manager Duties
The Team Managers role is vital for the Club, and we thank you for stepping up.
It is a crucial role in supporting our coaches and acting as a feedback loop to appropriate committee members so any issues can be quickly resolved.
At the beginning of the season:
- Notify parents via text of the time and venue for the first game. A number of Jets teams set up a “What’s App” group chat to convey information securely.
- Add team information to the Jets Team Sheet you will be emailed.
- Add family names to the scoring roster on the team sheet to make sure all parents “do their share”. If you have a parent who is also the coach, please do not roster them for scoring duties. They are already doing their share!
- Email out Team sheet to all families
- Take note of any children in your team that do not have permission to be photographed for social media or website.
During the season:
- Remind families of scoring responsibilities
- Ensure scoring is covered if rostered family fail to arrive
- Explain scoring to inexperienced parents
- Send through any team news or photos to the Social Media Coordinator Kym West: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promote any special club events when necessary
- Liaise with the Committee when necessary
- Refer any concerns about coaching to the Committee
At the end of the season:
- Confirm that all players taking to the court in finals have played the 7 games required to qualify.
- Refer any new players interested in joining the club to the Registration Secretary.
- Collect money and organise a card and small gift for the coach to be presented at the end of the season.